• Register
This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.
+1 vote
my name is tina ogles, i have worked all of my life, always paid taxes. i worked for various places, even started my own cleaningservice for awhile, work got very slow, so i went to work at a resort, eventually got hurt on the job. after being out of work due to my injury, needless to say they had to replace me, i've been looking for a job everysince , about 2 years now to no avail, i know through the years i have paid in enough to pay me something, and i really need it, please email me back as soon as possible and let me know what my options are! thank you so much for your time.
asked in Eligibility Criteria by

1 Answer

0 votes

When you file a UI claim, most states ask if you are able to work and available to work. If you aren't able to work and available to work then your UI claim is forestalled until you are able to work and available to work.

If the injury was due to working conditions you might be eligible for workman's compensation, but this is not the same as unemployment.

If the injury occurred while on the job, you probably are eligible for Workers Comp.

There is a section on the header  of the home page of this site called "Benefits by state".Please select the state you live and read the content available.
answered by (23.8k points)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
1 answer